RUSTY STUMPS SCALE MODELS is Proud to offer the......
Reed & De Young
Release 2 - Kit/Bausatz
The Reed & De Young TOBACCONIST'S SHOP - Release 2 - The Tobacconist Shop or possibly a Gun Shop with Post Office also has the owner / proprietor's living quarters on the second floor. This is a very narrow lot building.
Among the castings is a Cigar Store Indian for those that choose to model the Tobacconist Shop as designed.
As this building is tight to the next building there are no windows on this side of the building. The shop has the living quarters directly over and there is a single story storage room on the backside.
NOTE: Window openings are marked on both side subwalls just in case you don't use this building in the same setting as we do. There are also extra laser cut windows to use if you cut these opening free.
The upstairs living quarters at least has windows on the back so a breeze can come through in the Summer heat. The roof of the back storage room also provides a good fire escape just in-case. The stairway upstairs is inside on this building.
NOTE: The front wall, tall rear wall and the short rear wall can be rotated 180 degrees so that the door openings are at the opposite side of the wall face.
There is a covered rear entrance to the building for both occupant entry and the delivery of goods.
This is a very Spartan and basic building typical of small towns with narrow lots and was built most likely around 1900. Two brick chimneys are evident. One for heating the lower commercial area and the other for the living quarters upstairs.
The kit uses vertical board 'n batten siding on the front wall and individual stripwood clapboard siding on all the other walls. Lots for the modeler to do with this small building.
The narrowness of this building is evident in this overhead view.
- 1/32" Birch plywood laser cut sub-walls with tab and slot construction.
- 1x10 basswood capboard siding on three sides.
- First and second floors
- Interior upstairs walls on both floors with proper door openings. Interior walls can be used or not and it will not effect the integrity of the building.
- Interior decoration and details such as lighting can be used but not provided in the kit.
- 1/32" High density self-adhesive cardstock laser cut windows and doors. Acetate Glazing provided.
- Ample decals and signs provided. A selection of building signs to choose from in two styles.
- Very informative Instruction Manual with lots of how to pictures and hints & tips.
- Foot print of 33' by 55' (4-1/2" x 7-1/2") in HO Scale.
- Our Random Cedar Shake Shingles for roofing material.
- Northeastern Scale lumber used on all stripwood.
- Three fine detail group castings in high pressure resin specially designed for this kit including a Cigar Store Indian.
- Two laser cut park benches also included.
- Brick chimneys specially designed for this kit and cast in high pressure resin material.
- ONLY 200 of these kits will be made. When they are gone that's it as no more will be made.